Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Draw to Water

Water makes up nearly 60% of our bodies.  Some organs, like our lungs, contain more water than other organs.  We need a hefty amount of fluids a day to replenish this valuable resource.
This is my take on why we humans are inexplicably drawn to rivers, oceans, lakes, ponds, streams, bays, puddles.
I would reflect on this phenomena when I lived near the Mississippi River and would drive on the scenic River Drive.  I would watch the multitudes drawn to the broad, quickly moving river.  Park benches would be filled and the walkway would be traffic like in it's busyness.  All to look at a river.  Granted, it is a pretty phenomenal river, but nonetheless, simple H2O in it's basic form.



 I would smile to myself as I prepared for this trip.
I would think of the different vistas that I would experience.
The ability to feast my eyes on the vastness of the Northern Atlantic Ocean with all it's bays and inlets, was something that my brain had a hard time wrapping around.





 But proceed I did.
And I was not disappointed.
This longing to be near water becomes even more intense when one lives landlocked in the middle of a state forest.  Trees are wonderful, but oh, the water.....






 The Blues. 
 Oh my, the deepness of the blues; the reach from sky to horizon.  The greys of the overcast days.  The wicked darkness of the waves on a foggy morning...The changeable tones making me ache for a paint brush and canvas....







 From the harbor at Halifax to the far coastal reaches on Prince Edward Island, the water, that turbulent, story ridden, blessed creation, was the draw to our spirits and souls...











 And there we were refreshed.......







 Like no other time....







 In our lives.....






' In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.  The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep.  And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.'


~ Genesis 1:1,2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites