Saturday, September 17, 2011

Festival Begins!

 Our 65th Annual Persimmon Festival began last night!  A ball, a Candlelight tour in Spring Mill State Park, a road rally, a vesper service for the youth, all went on this weekend and that's just the beginning!  Tomorrow the rides will be set up, exhibits registered and tons of behind the scenes procedures shall begin.
But today, I was all about the Community Wide Yard Sale Event.
I scanned signs and looked for houses with cars wrapped around them as I walked the doggies early in the morning.  After scouting things out, I went home to collect Hubby, his cash and our beat up pick up truck, that we have just for this kind of day.
 And we did good.  Really, a turquoise and yellow tablecloth in very nice condition: .25.
 Shanango china cups: .10 ea.  Turquoise and olive green metal tray: .10  Round zippered patio tablecloth: 1.00 in original packaging.  A generous yard of  knit material perfect for my yoga top pattern: 1.00.  LOTS of little girl clothing for all my little grandgirls....
 Hall's Kitchenware Vintage bowl in my favorite blue with morning glories: .25.  (It's chipped but so am I)
And the piece de resistence: a hand-pieced fan quilt top, made from the most delicious vintage fabrics: 10.00!!


See?!


Pretty dang cool.....


May the rest of the week be so fun!!

3 comments:

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites