- I can turn my faucets and relatively clean water issues forth
- I can open my door and walk out anytime I want
- I have the privilege to walk into my kitchen and eat whatever I want
- If nothing pleases me there, I have the privilege to go to a restaurant of my choice
- I can launder my fairly decent clothes in my own washer and dryer
- I own four cars
- I have three toilets that flush
- I own a crazy amount of bibles and Christian literature
- I have a room just for my sewing machine
- I can worship freely
- I have school systems that have walls and desks, books and electronic equipment
- Each of my children have their own computers
- I have a room just for my computer
- I own two homes
- I can walk around my little town late at night and am not unreasonably concerned for my safety
- My closet is pretty full
- I have nearly two dozen pairs of shoes
- I have never lived in a car
- My legs work
- My daughter will soon give birth in a hospital with her husband close by
- I can still see the eye of a needle (with help)
- My pancreas works
- I can breathe pretty well
- My vision is correctable with glasses
- My hearing, though not great, still hears my granddaughter's giggle
- I have cash in my pocket yet I have not worked since 1978
- My adult children call their spouses Wonderful
- I have a dog that keeps me company and keeps me walking twice daily
- My pantry is full
- I can buy gasoline without waiting in line
- No one gives me a second glaring look when I use a check to pay for things
- I have never heard the words, 'I'm sorry, Mrs Cory; your credit is no good'
- My furnace is new
- My roof does not leak (much)
- I can converse with people globally, sitting in my library, in my jammies, on my computer
- If I had none of these things, I have people that would love me anyway
Whatever am I to do with such an overweening abundance?
When will I ever quit complaining?
Thank you, LORD.
May I utilize my blessings for Your glory.
May I hear your promptings to share what I have to who you would have me bless...
And the courage and selflessness to do it....
Blessings on this Thanksgiving......