Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sewing 'Sidetracks'

'
A great deal of my time is spent in front of my computer screen.  Never was is it more obvious until that option was not available and I filled my time in Useful Activity called My Business.  Here on Not So Simple Saturdays, is a collection of my Useful Diversions whilst I awaited the return of Fiona, my computer,(I gave her my favorite name after learning of the apparently close relationship I have with her, enhanced by her departure!) I had the wonderful opportunity to get a good go on Baby Girl's Baby Girl's quilt.....The gentle stitch, stitch of assembling something that will encircle her for a long, long time, gives me a peace and comfort in the doing of it.  Stitches bring prayers for a safe delivery, a healthy arrival and a wonderful life....

And in between the quilting.....

Baby Girl and I hit upon several amazing vintage fabric opportunities during her recent visit .....

 Lots of driving (as a passenger, of course!) places gives me good crocheting time.....Even made a matchy one for her Baby Girl and The Illustrious Vivien....
 Baby Girl wanted to do an easier version of Anna Marie Horners baby wall decor as seen in our fav book....I donated some fabric, made the letters and BG did the rest....We had a blast on this project....
 Cannot travel with a quilt without a proper mama's collection Quilting Bag!  An inner pocket is a reinforced vintage hanky donated my Most Wonderful/Loving Friend and her generous nature...
 Three diaper bags have showned up from the aforementioned Anna Marie's useful, helpful book.  Above is BG's bag and the red one is Pretend Daughter Kris' bag to hold dinosaurs, diapers and changes of clothes for my two adorable Pretend Grandsons, Will and Ollie....
Found out that the more my mind is overwhelmed, the more complicated my life is, the more I must, must sew.....I have to be in my sewing room surrounded with Creative Potential to be able to neutralize my brain....
May you have an opportunity to clear your cobs with your favorite activity soon....

1 comment:

  1. EEEEEP! So many WONDERFUL crafts for our little lady!! SOOO very excited!!!! :-D!!!!!!
    p.s. we DID have a sweeeeeeelll time on that lil lady project didnt we. :)!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites