Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quick and Easy Chicken Stir Fry for People That Would Rather Be Painting, Sewing etc.....

This has got to be quick.
I have just completely packed up my living room and I have paint I have to take back to be reformulated.
I have wallpaper to peel off my staircase and I have furniture to paint.
And I have three online Scrabble games that I'm losing at, to tend to. (Wanna take me on? Facebook Scrabble!)


However.
This batch of Chicken Stir Fry turned out to be the best ever.
And I knew that I needed to share it with you because you're busy too.


Let us just call this:


QECSTFPTWRBPAS


Or
 Quick!  Make Stir Fry to Save Time Chicken!


(Do you have a wok?  You should.  But if not a stout pot will suffice)


1.5 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in pieces (I use my handy chef scissors; quicker!)
1 large onion, cut in chunky pieces (hurry, hurry!)
3 carrots cut in chunks
1 bag of frozen stir fry veggies (mine had mushrooms, peppers, rice, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
1 tbs olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbs cornstarch
1 tsp dried red pepper
1/2 tsp ginger
Rice to serve on


(While your chicken is browning, get your rice started...I used long grain white so as not to cloud the other flavors)


Heat the olive oil.  Add your chicken pieces and turn while it turns white and a bit brown.
Add chunked onions, carrots and garlic and continue stir frying till onions are clear.
Add frozen veggies and stir fry some more...
While that is cooking together, add the water, soy sauce and cornstarch.  Stir well.
Add to chicken combination.
Add pepper and ginger.
Stir some more till blended well.


Is the rice ready?
Then dish it up, serve and eat slowly to savor the flavors mingly...
Congratulate yourself on a quick, delicious and pretty healthy meal.


Then, get on to what you like doing best!


Gotta Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites