Thursday, July 8, 2010

Weed Walk

The quiet of my walks is often punctuated by my affection of nature.  This affection will take me to stooping over to check out a flower, a grass, a weed.  I am one of those that will walk by your yard and just look for while.  With two dogs in tow.  I am always stunned by the detail in nature.  Always.  And today, in the muck of the heat and humidity, I knew I was going to have to go back for my camera because the weeds were just too pretty. I live near a railroad track where landscaping is 'neglected'.  But even in alleys and blacktopped and gravel roads, beauty can be found.Today the Queen Anne's Lace was really at its best....Artfully arranged stems standing obediently in the forefront of other dark weedy leaves. The little blue Daily Flower (named by me, since it dies by the end of the day) is always appreciated.  Spots of blue; so good to the eye in the heat of summer. Today, this little pink flower was proliferating near a overflow drain.  Just growing out of it.  Sweet little petals, pretty as any greenhouse blossom...I love the close up of this invasive weed....When the blossom starts to fade, these funky little crown like thingies just pop out of the old blossom.  Like a firework; one last show before it dies out in the July Heat...Wild honeysuckle with its hummingbird drawing quality and outrageously beautiful color....And the alleys favorite: Rose of Sharon.  The colors of this staple and highly proliferating bloom, are abundant...I like to catalog the colors I've seen in my Brain's Silent Flower Inventory....
And of course, what all this brings me to.  Every time:

Matthew 6:27-33
' And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?  And why are you anxious about clothing?  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?  Therefore do not be anxious, saying, What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

If He knows the decorative detail of all the cast away, alleyway weeds of the land, doesn't He know the intricate emotion of our heart and mind and care for it as well?
Love nature lessons......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites