Simple Sewing Saturdays: Volume Thirteen: The Essential Little Zippered Bag
I have studied making small zipper bags with other bloggers. Seems we all make them a bit differently with the same unique application: A handy little bag for all those essentials, whether it be cosmetics, crayons, medical supplies, jewelry or dog treats, we all need the Little Zippered Bag in our lives. I shall endeavor to show you how I made mine.
1. Select a zipper the width of the bag you want to make. I like to use different colors for some snap. Then select the the fabric amount for the length. The width is determined by thezipper. Usually, 4or 5 inches makes a good little bag. You will need two pieces, front and bag of the desired size.
3. Press down a 1/2 inch on the cut edges. Also, cut two little squares about 2 inches and press down one end about 1/2 inch. I used a complimentary print but you can have it match.
4. Sew the folded edged little squares onto the ends of the zipper.
5. Lay one edge of the folded fabric against the teeth of the zipper and with your zipper foot attachment, sew the zipper edge to the edge of the folded fabric on both sides with both pieces of the folded edged fabric
6. Trim the two pieces of fabric to make the edges even, making the extended zipper the full width..
7. Sew a 1/2 inch seam on all three sides, the fourth side being the added on zipper.
8. Trim the two corners diagonally and trim the three seams. Here, you could zig zag the seams for a neater finish since this bag is not lined.
9. Turn to the right side and poke out the corners neatly.
10. Fill with your little essentials and pop into your purse!