Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's in the Air

The entrance to the Secret Garden...
Not so secret with the morning glory screaming out, 'Come and see me!!'

When the morning glories are in abundance in my garden, I know the season of growth is winding down. For some reason, I plant my morning glory seeds later than most, so the cool mornings of September usually correspond with the Heavenly Blue's explosion.

Yesterday, I worked on cutting back the echinacea and weeding out the beds, for what will probably be the last time this season. The motor on my fountain already pooped out on me and now the mosquitoes are shooing me in early as well. I guess it's time to put it to rest. I will still water my potted plants as long as they behave themselves and produce till the first frost.

To every thing, there is a season.....

1 comment:

  1. This is such a monumental time of the year at The Cory Household. For all the years that I can really remember. Even at the old Moline house on the patio fence wall.
    Always radiant and suprising in its blooming beauty. Just like my mama...

    ReplyDelete

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites