Friday, August 21, 2009

Jackpot!!

Estate Sales: Wonder of wonders...Pieces of someones life..The mundane and the glorious..
Here are some of the bounty of someone's life that I feel blessed to be the recipient of:
A hanky with the words, 'your day will come'in French...

A beautifully vibrant towel of Irish Linen in pristine condition.....

A half dozen pillowcases, crochet edged and embroidered......


Dozens of linens, lovingly detailed....One tablecloth had a patch with mend tape on it and I wondered out loud if they still make mend tape....Farther in the box was an opened package of mending tape.....I also loved the Mendets 'pot leak repair'....Do you repair your 'leaky' pots



A wonderful 40ish metal wastebasket......(yes, the sticker does say $1)

Three silver serving pieces. Nearly a dozen percale sheet sets, tablecloths, pot holders, mostly handmade, towels of all sorts, usually embellished and four sweet little jars, perfect for my harvested herbs.....

I am calmed down now but I must admit it did overwhelm me...My heart raced and my pulse quickened and I got a bit shaky.....The 2G's mama could tell an odd spell had come over me when she met up with me.....
Ah. The Grande Estate Sale.....Nothing like it......











2 comments:

  1. this is all so wonderful I can barely stand it!!!!!
    I never really knew the extent how much I would love the same very belongings that i grew up surrounded by.
    I feel very blessed :)

    p.s. I thought you were stopping your collecting? hehe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all for my etsy shop.....Or a very convincing daughter.....:D

    ReplyDelete

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites