Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quickie Chicken/Veggie Tacos


The Organizational Wiz, aka, my eldest, worked all day with me on my sewing room and organizing it for my new business. We worked around Miss Vivien's whims and a truly phenomenal storm that produced lightning that scared the whits out of us! We had to take a mid afternoon jaunt into town for a haircut from my friend, Emily, for Vivie's mama. All of this and a hungry family to feed! What to make on such a busy day?

Here it is; my latest creation, developed on the way back from town:

Quickie Chicken/Veggie Tacos

1 purchased deli roaster chicken, cooked
1 small zucchini and/or summer squash (purchased from garden stand)
1 small onion
1 small pepper (from my garden!)
1/2 cup of broccoli crowns (again, from the neighborhood garden stand)
1 pkg of tortillas
1 cup of mexican cheese
1 pkg taco seasoning
1-14 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
1 small can of whole kernel corn, drained

Saute veggies in 1 tbls of olive oil. Add the tomatoes and corn, drained.
Add the package of taco seasoning and the juices from the bottom of the chicken package and 1/4 cup of water. Simmer 5 minutes. Heat tortillas (oven, pan, microwave). Place sliced chicken in the center of tortilla and top with veggie mixture. Top with cheese. Can add other toppings as well.

Quick and easy and filling after a busy day!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites