Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oxymoron: Diet Comfort Food



Okay.
What is it about Fall that brings out the carb laden entrees of the world?
And if there weren't enough recipes guaranteed to put more pounds on before
The Holidays, I decided to go ahead and add to the mix.....

This little ditty swam around my brain today...
Seems like the more ingredients that I knew were evil to me, the more I kept adding...Rebellion in Cooking??

Mac and Cheese Comfort Casserole

1 box of macaroni, cooked till just tender
1 lb of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup shredded mozzarella
3/4 cup skim milk (the diet part! go ahead! use whole milk, cream, milnot!)
1/4 cup of butter (the most conservative guess I could give you!)
3/4 crushed potato chips
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
1 tbs fresh parsley
2 cans tuna in water, drained (divide up the somewhat empty cans between the two cats)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp dried onion flakes
1 pkg of bagel chips (not in the recipe; I just munched on them while I cooked...They would be good crushed on the top in place of the potato chips)

Drain macaroni.
Add butter and stir well. Add cheeses. Stir even harder. Add milk and celery and spices and tuna and soup. Mix well...

Pour into buttered (!)casserole dish or lasagna sized pan.
Cover with some Parmesan, cheddar and crushed chips.
Place that little celery leaf that you were going to through away, in the center and pop into a preheated(325) oven..Bake 45 minutes....

Rich, hot, carby and comforting....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites