Sunday, October 25, 2009

Crazy Mixed Up Birthday Soup


In my 'later years', I have discovered the wondrous use of my own recipe inventions.
Not that I was ever recipe bound, but recently I have had some rather successful forays into my own concoctions...

Last night was one of them.
We were out to celebrate,big way, food wise. It was the 2G's Papa's Big 3-0 and we wanted to fete him in a foodylicious way...
Being a meat and potatoes man, Hubby did his part by providing his Italian Beefs. My input was a deviation of my traditional potato soup.
For once, I'm glad I swerved out; 2G's Papa and Mama loved it and compared it to their favorite restaurant's fave soup. BIG compliment to Nana!

So here is the recipe the best I can recall. Do not fret. Get the main things together and don't think you'll go wrong!

Enjoy!

Crazy Mixed Up Birthday Soup (aka Creamy Potato Soup)

10 potatoes (I have the privilege of using fresh potatoes from a friend's garden)

2 carrots

1 onion

6 cups of chicken boullion

1/2 cup evaporated milk

1/2 cup whipping cream (or half and half or anything creamy in your fridge)

1 cup milk

1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1/2 lb of cubed ham

1/4 lb of butter

1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley

(this gets tricky; I had leftover steamed broccoli and cabbage maybe 3/4 cup each)

Saute cubed potatoes, chopped onions and carrots in the butter. Cook till onions are clear and potatoes change color a bit.

Add the boullion and cover and cook till potatoes are soft.

Puree this mixture, adding the cooked leftovers, in a food processor till really smooth.

Place pureed mixture, cheese and ham back into stock pot.

Add the milks/creams and stir well. Simmer on low till bubbly. Stir in fresh parsley.

Serve with a bit of shredded cheese on top if you want.

Good stuff....

2 comments:

  1. good stuff?~?~! Amazing stuff... there are not words.
    No one has ever put so much effort into a meal for us. We are sooooo grateful. Wonderful gift for Cory. Thank you!
    p.s. That doll riding the bird is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING soup is right!
    Copy pasted recipe into recipe folder on computer.
    cant wait to make it once this diet fad is over! hahaha....

    and agreed with Christy, the doll is hilarious.

    and creepy.

    ReplyDelete

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites