Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Queen Contest Night...

....and I didn't go.

Did go to lunch at The Baptist with Lovely Wife's Mama...We particularly like to go to The Baptists for their Turkey luncheon with the Cranberry Jello. LWM LOVES cranberries and made a pitiful attempt to hi jack mine; you must get up pretty early to snatch food away from this ol' lady......Seen it all... Also at The Baptists is the Craft Show, showcasing all the entries to the famed Persimmon Festival Craft Contest. The winner for us this year was a skein of yarn made of cat fur. Who knew? With one long haired cat and another one dying, I could have made a killing in cat yarn. Bald cats, but a new market......I did graciously offer to make a cat scarf for Sweet Sharon, a dear friend who happens to have a rather strong 'dislike' of the feline varieties...She did not find that humorous.....LWM and I enjoyed the turkey AND the cat fur this year.....
Pictured above is a secret. Faithful Friend has ordered a new bag. She gave me ideas and requirements but left the rest to me.....This fabric, from Danville Indiana, is SOOOOO soft and luxurious....Amazing upholstery fabric....If I had a sofa made of this I would become an avowed Couch Potato....It is such a joy to sew for friends; you just want it to be the best so it stretches creativity and skill....Spent a joyful afternoon playing with the design and 'reading' Alan Alda's book, 'Never Stuff Your Dog'.......A surprise visit from the 2G's and their Mama and my afternoon was made, even if My Dear Grant had to find out that Nana has a Time Out Chair and a timer....Ah, reality.....
So after my full day, I transmogrified Mondays tacos into Wednesday's chili. A quick supper for hubby and I before we head north to Wednesday night church. We are on Part Two of a twelve part series, so the Queen of the Persimmon Festival had to be crowned without us.....
When I got home, I took Dixie on a walk and saw a forlorn miss walking the muddy streets of Mitchell, trying desperately not to get her fancy frock wet and trying to cope without a crown on her head.....I really wanted a photo but just could not do it to the poor girl....
Ah, reality.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites