Monday, September 21, 2009

We Interrupt The Festival With A Sewing Update...

Thanks to my crafting blogging 'friends', I learned how to make cloth labels for my bags!
I read a blog from two years ago about buying the iron on paper for the computer and then ironing the images/words onto twill tape.
Two years pass and now they make paper backed twill fabric! You simply (it better be!) make a Word document or whatever image program you have and put the paper/fabric in the printer! A few other little steps and you are ready to put a custom label in your sewing project!
I got absolutely giddy making these yesterday so I thought it was worthy of interrupting the Festival coverage...... And because of the label success, I decided to use up the rest of a rainy Sunday evening to make the top that goes to my yoga pants pattern! I believe that older women should only wear 3/4 length sleeves and tops that keep you modest with the cleavage. No one wants to see it after a certain age. Well, few anyway. Anyhoo, the thought of being able to sew my own 'uniform' top and to keep from the frustration of looking high and low for fuller knit, 3/4 length sleeve top with a reasonable length that is somewhat flattering, took me a sewing thrill that was very pleasing.....
Good to have sewing success.....
And now back to the festival.......
As you can see, the Methodist ladies (and gentlemen I'll have you know) are hosting their Puddin Pan Bazaar again this year. Good, good, homemade food (their noodles and pork tenderloin are re known) and little homemade items to sell, make for a yummy lunch or early dinner....

And there is the Art Show at the library. Lawrence County has an inordinate number of artists. I love seeing the entries each year and voting on my faves. There is a Photo Contest as well. It appears that I will be chairing it next year....More to come on that as the year progresses.....!


Yes. It was raining while the carnival workers set up early Sunday.
But do not fear! The skies cleared up midday today and the official start of the festivities went off under sunny (albeit humid) skies promptly at 5:00pm.
I know because it was 5:05 when I heard, from my sewing room, the first squeals of mock terror from the Zipper Ride......
Fun Stuff....


2 comments:

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites