Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tick, Tick, Tick....

Saturday night, Dixie and I took in the sights downtown..
This is the Commercial Tent. Full of businesses eager to share with consumers just what they do. And hand out lots of things. Sacks worth. Saturday night, it was just a huge tent in the middle of 7th street, approximately 200 steps from my home... Here's the tent that will host suppers from churches to a few non profits. Lasagna, ham and beans, fish all specials that will have to taken advantage of this week. My particular favorite is Ham and Bean Night. Corn bread and persimmon pudding. With gospel music on stage. Don't particularly like any of it normally, but for some bizarre reason, I love it the week of Persimmon Festival...I told you it is fascinatingly weird.....
The Main Stage. Right on Main Street. All week.
It will host a Lip Sync contest, Queen contest, Gospel singers, a flash from the past band. And I can hear all of it from my front porch. Did I mention I can also hear all the squeals of delight and false fear from the rides? Funny.

And this is one early bird. Right next to Bren and Jerry's, a carport that had some plywood added, an air conditioner, several doors and called a 'Trading Post'. Jerry's handmade signs are a hoot. There is one currently that says, 'Save a business; buy more here'. Other slogans have been photographed by me as well. I must add that I have purchased several things from Bren and Jerry's and have not been disappointed. Maybe I'll help him stay in business....


Tomorrow it starts in full swing.....
Off to rest up for the week!!!!!



1 comment:

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites