Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me!

On December 16, 1972, at high noon, I evolved from Debbie Murphy, newly 19 and full of myself, to the bride of Patrick Joseph Cory.
We had been sweethearts for nearly three years, meeting on a blind date of sorts.
After the first date on February 14th, we knew, without a doubt, that we were destined for each other.
The next week, Pat 'gave' me his class ring, which he owned for a full four days, asked me to prom and while he was getting such good answers, asked me to marry him.
We continued on in our relationship like that was a definite plan.
I never thought otherwise.
I could see no other future without Pat in it.
Thirty seven years later, I still feel the same way.
Only more so.
Because he knows me better than anyone, he knows it is best to just let me pick out my gifts for special occasion.
He's given me some amazing gifts but as we aged, he thought it better for me to be the selector.
Last night, I was invited to a jewelry showing. Two Bloomington jewelry crafters were able to bring their incredibly simple yet wonderful wares to Mitchell.
I related to the design immediately.
If I was a jewelry designer, these lovely pieces would be what I would produce.
So I thank Tizo Design's Laura and Rhonda for sharing their craft and allowing My Hubby to give me a wonderful, wonderful gift this year....

Check out their site at tizo.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verse Of The Day 2

Powered By Blogger

My Favorites